[Warning: The below contains MAJOR spoilers for Teen Wolf: The Movie.]
Teen Wolf: The Movie left off in a hopeful place for most of the characters, though one werewolf did make the ultimate sacrifice.Scott (Tyler Posey) and Lydia (Holland Roden) successfully brought Allison (Crystal Reed) back from the dead. The nogitsune and puppet-master Harris (Adam Fristoe) were defeated. Scott and Allison were back together and, after Derek’s (Tyler Hoechlin) death, took in his son Eli (Vince Mattis), who embraced being a werewolf.

Creator Jeff Davis answers our burning questions after the movie and addresses if this will be the last time we see any sort of Teen Wolf.Was the plan always to reunite Scott and Allison once you knew Crystal would be returning?I wouldn’t say it was always the plan. I didn’t know quite where it was gonna end up in my head, but once I figured out Scott’s story and where he was in his 30s and what was gonna happen with Derek, I did know how it was gonna happen. Scott had grown up. He’s now in his early 30s and he had been the hero that we’ve seen him throughout the show and what happens to a hero afterwards? He has no family, no pack of his own. What does he find and what does he find that he’s missing? He was missing a family. His pack was his family, and now he’s been gone to LA and he’s searching for that and he gets it again. He gets the girl he loved, and he gets a surrogate son.

Despite the other relationships since they’d broken up and she died, it almost seemed like it was really easy for Scott and Allison to get back together. Once she had her memories back, was that simply a matter of how much time you had to tell the story?Partially. I think at a certain point I realized, my God, we’re writing Season 7 into a movie, so there are things that are gonna be compressed. But yeah, movie romances happen in shorter [time]. So to me, once they started falling back into that rhythm, you could see it happening. Would it have felt different if it was a whole seventh season? Would there have been more obstacles and more hurdles to overcome? Yeah, sure.

What do you imagine the future looks like for them as a couple now?I have no idea because writing that movie took all the creative energy I had.What was the plan for Kira if Arden Cho had returned? Did you have one?We had ideas, yeah, and it’s unfortunate that we couldn’t bring her back, but that’s just the way the business goes.Colton Haynes and Holland Roden in 'Teen Wolf: The Movie'

Curtis Bonds Baker/MTV Entertainment
Lydia’s scream for Allison was so great. Did you know early on you wanted to have that moment be as key as it was?Yeah, I can’t remember how I thought of it, but I knew exactly what was going to eventually bring Allison’s memories back. She was too late to scream for Allison in Season 3B, and I knew that I would give her another chance and this time she would save her. I got chills just thinking about it because I love the characters and that pleases me as a storyteller, you know? And the way the Oni all get blown away by her voice and she turns around and they look at each other and Jackson [Colton Haynes] is sitting there going, “your best friend is alive. Save her. You can save her. She’ll hear you.” Those are the moments I live for to write as a screenwriter.

Was there anyone you had wanted to come back and for whose characters you had plans but couldn’t get?There was a bunch of people who I wanted to come back, but we just couldn’t fit them in the movie. If I could have brought Daniel Sharman back, that would’ve been amazing. But it would’ve been so much. The movie would’ve been four hours.What would you have done with the Scott-Allison-Isaac triangle?Oh, I have no idea. But it would’ve been fun. [Laughs]Malia (Shelley Hennig) and Parrish (Ryan Kelley) being together was a surprise. She did say they’d talk about the look if they didn’t die, but could they make a relationship work?They’re both pretty wild animals, so I could see a relationship happening, but probably a tumultuous one.